Blackberries and cherries ... more dark berries for your health and longevity!
Here's why ...
* blackberries are rich in bioflavonoids and Vitamin C
* The dark skin of blackberries means this fruit has one of the highest antioxidant levels of all fruits. Antioxidants are well-known for lowering the risk of a number of cancers!
* Consumption of blackberries can tighten facial pores and encourage healthier younger looking skin.
* Prolonged consumption of blackberries also helps keeps your brain alert, thereby maintaining clarity of thought and good memory.
*Very early laboratory studies have shown that anthocyanins and a phytochemical called perillyl alcohol, both found in cherries, could have anti-cancer effects.
* Pectin fibre, found in the skin of cherries, has been proven to help one's cholesterol, specifically the “bad" LDL cholesterol, by binding to it in the gut and preventing it from being absorbed into the bloodstream.
* Cherries, like carrots, also contain beta-carotene — not as much as carrots, but 19 times the amount found in blueberries! Beta-carotene is well known for supporting healthy eyesight.
* Pectin fibre can also help with blood sugar regulation. The fibre can help slow the movement of food from the stomach into the small intestine, which helps to keep blood sugar steady. Other research indicates that pectin may play a role in stabilizing blood glucose.
... so, fill your blender with dark berries, add an all natural sweetener and your choice of liquid and blend it up - presto, instant breakfast and super nutrition in a cup!