Make a blue green smoothie that will knock your socks off! Think BLUE GREEN!
• Vitamin A (as beta-carotene), C and E
• All B vitamins
• Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Potassium, and other minerals
• Omega 3’s and other essential fatty acids
• Nucleic Acid (RNA & DNA)
What's more, blue green sea alge also:
• Increases the production of healthy bacteria by up to 300%
• Detoxifies organs and the blood
• Improves digestion
• Increases energy levels
• Strengthens the immune system
Need I say more?
Lately my husband and I have been adding a variety of this lovely super food - spirulina - to our daily green smoothie and we feel awesome! Here's my favourite BLUE GREEN SMOOTHIE lately ... featuring the blue green sea algae, spirulina!
My Favourite Blue Green Smoothie
1/2 to 1 tsp spirulina (start with less and then build up to 1 tsp)
1 large orange, peeled
1 banana, peeled
3 cups baby spinach
3 Medjool dates, pitted
1 Tbsp almond butter, raw not roasted (optional)
1 Tbsp chia seeds/flaxseeds (optional)
1 1/2 cups water, spring / filtered
5 ice cubes
Blend all of the ingredients above in your VitaMix blender until well-combined and smooth. Enjoy immediately!
Loving my greens and blue greens!