Craving spice? Don't think as a raw vegan you can't make it happen ... get creative in the kitchen!
Here's how I utilize Mother Nature's natural disinfectant to make a lovely and tantalizing Spicy Szechwan Mango salad ...
So, here's how I use it:
Spicy Szechuan Mango
- 1 large mango
- a pile of sliced/julienned/ribboned assorted vegetables, like carrot, cucumber, zucchini, bell pepper
- 1 handful of fresh bean sprouts, whichever you like
- 10 truly raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- a few squirts of all natural soy sauce
- a few dashes of garlic powder
- a few dashes of dried herbs of your choice
- 1 tsp of raw honey
- 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- a few dashes of dried ginger
- a few dashes of cayenne pepper (or more if you like!)
1. Slice and de-bone the mango. Place the mango in a large mixing bowl.
2. Ribbon or julienne some carrot, cucumber, zucchini, and sweet bell pepper. We want long thing slices or ribbons here to mimic noodles! Top the mango with the assorted vegetables.
3. Top the mango and assorted vegetables with a pile of fresh bean sprouts of your choice. I like soy.
4. Scatter a few almonds all around the sprouts and veg.
5. Now for the sauce. Blend up the remaining ingredients in a mini-food processor or blender until creamy and smooth. Adjust for seasoning and pour over the mango and veg.
6. Serve garnished with fresh herbs of choice. I like cilantro, parsley and green onion.
Yum right? Enjoy.