Floral and herbaceous, this herb will knock your socks off!
Cilantro is normally used as a garnish or herb in cooking. Seldom do people think of it as a means to creating a juice. I put cilantro together with celery, lemon and apple and created instant cilantro-lemonade!
Check it out ...
There is also quite a bit of literature suggesting that cilantro could be one of nature’s best bonding agents, particularly for individuals who have been exposed to heightened levels of environmental toxins and mercury.
Also, the natural oils in cilantro have a powerfully positive effect on our digestive tract. These oils aid our digestive system in its production of digestive enzymes, acids and juices. The oil also helps to stimulate digestion through peristaltic motion.
Further, research has shown that the mighty cilantro provides all of the following benefits:
* Powerful anti-inflammatory capacities that may help symptoms of arthritis
* Protective agents against bacterial infection from Salmonella in food products
* Increases HDL cholesterol (the good kind), and reduces LDL cholesterol (the bad kind)
* Relief for stomach gas, prevention of flatulence and an overall digestive aid
* Prevents urinary tract infections
* Reduces feelings of nausea
* Eases hormonal mood swings associated with menstruation
* Has been shown to reduce menstrual cramping
* Adds fiber to the digestive tract
* A source of iron, magnesium, and is helpful in fighting anemia
* Gives relief for diarrhea
* Helps promote healthy liver function
* Reduces minor swelling
* Strong general antioxidant properties
* Disinfects and helps detoxify the body
* Stimulates the endocrine glands
* Helps with insulin secretion and lowers blood sugar
* Acts as a natural anti-septic and anti-fungal agent for skin disorders like fungal infections and eczema
* Contains immune-boosting properties
* Acts as an expectorant
* Helps ease conjunctivitis, as well as eye-aging, macular degeneration, and other stressors on the eyes
Wow! What a laundry list of healing properties!
The only thing one can do when they read this list, is to incorporate this mighty herb into their diet in any way possible.
Make yourself a green juice today, or check out My Raw Blog where I have posted many recipes using this lovely herb or buy any one of my raw Diet Plans which include numerous recipes that utilize this lovely herb.