Swiss Chard leaves make this lovely green juice oh so very lovely ...
Check out my very simple recipe for Swiss Chard green juice here and the health benefits of this humble green ...
1 large bunch of swiss chard leaves
6 apples, any variety
2 medium celery hearts
*Juice all of the ingredients above in your juicer of choice and enjoy immediately!
Here's why you should be including this lovely green leaf into your diet:
* Swiss chard leaves contain 13 varieties of polyphenol antioxidants!
* Swiss chard leaves are a source of a phytonutrient called betalains, which have an antiodixant, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effect on the body.
* Swiss chard leaves are high in fibre and protein.
* Swiss chard leaves are super high in Vitamin K, which helps to maintain strong and healthy bones.
* Swiss chard leaves are high in Vitamin C.
* Swiss chard leaves are high in Vitamin A, which is oh so good for the eyes!
Now, that's pretty impressive for such a humble green. I love swiss chard and enjoy it in my green juices whenever I can get my hands on it.